Hearing Aid Care & Maintenance
Your hearing aids are an investment. And, like all important investments, they need to be maintained in order to provide you with the best value possible. Proper daily hearing aid care is the best maintenance you can provide for your hearing aids. It will ensure you continue to enjoy the best performance, comfort and communication with the world around you.
Familiarize with the basic do’s and don’ts of hearing aid maintenance below or learn more about Connect Hearing’s complimentary hearing aid aftercare program & warranty, SoundCare Assurance.
Hearing Aid Maintenance Do’s & Don’ts
- Prevent problems by turning daily hearing aid care into a routine. This will ensure optimal performance and extend the life of your hearing aids.
- Take precautions if you’re caught in heavy rain or very humid conditions and be sure to carefully wipe your hearing aid dry as soon as possible.
- Use water or alcohol to clean your hearing aid.
- Wear your hearing aid when you’re in the shower/bath, steam bath or washing your hair in a sink or at the salon.
- Handle your hearing aid or batteries if you have lotion of any kind on your hands.
- Use hairspray when your hearing aids are in your ears - it can damage them. Spray before putting your hearing aids on.
- Expose your hearing aids to extreme temperatures. Never leave them in a parked car.
- Attempt home repairs. If something is wrong, contact your Connect Hearing Professional immediately.
This list may seem daunting, but proper care and maintenance is nothing more than a matter of routine and can be accomplished in just minutes per day.
Connect Hearing Can Help
If you could benefit from direction in the daily care routine for your device, Connect Hearing is here to help. As part of our SoundCare Assurance aftercare program, Connect Hearing’s qualified Hearing Professionals will provide you with straightforward, effective training on the best way to maintain your hearing aids.
In addition, we recommend you bring your hearing aids in to us at least twice a year for a professional “clean and check”. It can be done in less than 15 minutes and it’s free. Simply call your Connect Hearing clinic and ask them to schedule a clean and check for you.